Choosing the right countertop for your bathroom can be a funny experience. There are various kinds of countertops available for bathroom these days and as such, it makes no sense to select an expensive countertop. You need to decide upon a budget within which you’ll buy countertop and install it in the bathroom.
Certain things to consider when installing bathroom countertop
- The bathroom countertops are made in a customized way which means that people can impose on the design as per their choice. There are certain things that you will have to keep in mind. Check out about some of them.
- The size of your bathroom needs to have bearing as to how big the countertop should be. Homeowners may compare granite vs quartz countertops when installing them.
- It is essential to consider the activities that are going to take place inside the bathroom so that the space required can be evaluated properly.
- If the main bathroom of your house will be used for doing makeup, then you should install big countertops for keeping the things safely. Or else, you can even install shelves and cabinets in the bathroom.
- If the bathroom is used for small activities only, then you do not need to install durable countertops. The main things that you will have to keep in mind are the appearance, maintenance, compatibility and costs.
- If you have lots of money for remodeling your home’s bathroom, then you should not spend money without need. You should do remodeling for the areas only that are really needed.
Some kinds of countertops installed in the bathroom
Below are discussed about some types of countertops that can be installed in your home’s
- Stone – Amongst all types of stone, granite is considered to be the best one when remodeling the bathroom. This is because since it is durable by nature and as such, can be cared easily. So, if you love the appearance of this particular but get disappointed by its price, then you may consider buying granite tiles for your bathroom. You need to know that limestone and marble are more absorbent in comparison to granite.
- Ceramic tile – Ceramic tile is inexpensive in price and very durable by nature. It is available in different colors. The main disadvantage of this particular tile is you will have to clean the grout. Colored grout stains easily and as such, you should look for something that contrasts well with the tiles color.
- Solid surface – The countertops which are made up of solid surfaces are very durable by nature. As such, they can be cleaned easily. The solid surface materials are non-porous and mildew resistant. If you are highly concerned about allergens and moisture, then they are considered to be the best choice. They are found in various shades and can be molded into exceptional shapes, thus allowing unique looks like decorations of contrasting colors.
Besides these, Caesarstone quartz countertops can also be installed while doing bathroom remodeling.