The benefits of a carpet in a home or an office setting cannot be overstated. With numerous designs and carpet types to choose from, a house will always look great with a carpet. In addition, a carpet absorbs sound and is a safe alternative compared to other slippery floor types such as tiles.
If you want your carpet to last long, it is important to take good care of it. The following are five useful carpet cleaning tips from the experts at acarpetcleaned.com if you want to enjoy the services of your carpet for longer.
- Place an entrance mat – If you wish to avoid cleaning your carpet all the time, it is a good idea to place a mat at the entrance of your carpeted room. When someone has stepped in with some soil or any other type of dirt, it is likely to be retained by the mat. It thus means that you will clean the mat often to prevent the dirt from reaching your carpet.
- Vacuum your mat between cleaning sessions – If you want to ensure that your mat remains cleaner for longer, it is a good idea to vacuum it on a regular basis. As long as you remove the obvious dirt from the surface of the carpet, it will appear clean and you will not be obligated to wash it frequently.
- Clean stains as soon as they occur – If you wish to ensure that you use the least amount of effort to remove a stain on a carpet, it is a good idea to remove the stain as soon as it happens. Depending on the type of stain, you can use different types of cleaners. If the stain happens to be caused by wine, you can clean it by blotting the area using a piece of cloth with club soda. You may also spray some dilute white vinegar on the stain. Once it disappears, you can wash the area with some warm water and soap.
- Steam clean your carpet- When you have to finally wash your carpet after about 6 months, it is better to steam clean it instead of washing it with water. Steam cleaning removes any stubborn stains that you may have failed to clear. In addition, when you steam clean, your carpet dries faster reducing the chances of mold formation.
- Conduct a spot test – If you ever decide to change your cleaning agent, it is advisable to carry out a spot test on the carpet. Use a bit of the cleaner on a hidden part of the carpet to confirm that it does not discolor the carpet. If it is okay, you can proceed with the cleaning.