If you’re planning on buying a condo, there are several ways to go about it. You can buy a unit that needs a considerable amount of renovation. Or you can buy a condo unit while it’s still in the planning and construction phase. Of course, there’s also the option of choosing from among the move-in ready condos.
Here are some crucial advantages you can enjoy when your condo is ready for immediate occupancy:
- WYSIWYG. Or in other words, what you see is what you get. Here you find the rooms and amenities all ready for your use once you move in. Some units even come with appliances already, so you really need to just put in your belongings to where you want them. The floor plan is also very clear so that there’s no problem in putting your furniture in their proper places.
- You save a lot of time. You need many lots of months of waiting if your unit is still in the developmental stage, so to speak. So you need to plan and make sure that you have a place to live in while you wait. The same goes when you buy a unit intent on remodeling it to suit your needs. That kind of work will require many weeks before you can set up your life in the new unit.
The inclusion of appliances and in some cases furniture also saves you a lot of time. Each appliance and furniture piece can take days to buy. With these things included in the purchase, you don’t waste time preparing the place for your use.
- You also save yourself a lot of effort. It takes a lot of work to move in your belongings to your new place, and it’s not uncommon for people to really get frustrated at how much effort is needed. How much effort will be needed when you still have to remodel? Even repainting the walls or removing wallpaper can take a lot out of you. Add the effort needed to put in new flooring and even just the idea of moving in can sap the energy out of you.
- There aren’t any unpleasant surprises. The reality of condo construction is that often you don’t get the right results regardless of how terrific the original plans were on paper. Sometimes there will be delays in the construction or remodeling. It may cost more than you anticipated. Or the end results weren’t as good as you had hoped.
With move-in ready condos, there are no surprises. You know what you’re paying, and you know what you’re getting. You may be surprised to know that in some cases the remodeling costs may actually be greater than the savings you enjoyed because you bought a cheaper fixer-upper.
The only surprise is that you may be amazed at how smoothly you’ll move into your new life as a condo resident.
- All the utilities are connected as well. This is a small detail that sometimes gets overlooked, until you realize that the red tape for electricity and water connections can be annoyingly complicated. But with these ready condos, such problems are already solved.
- It may be easier to get a mortgage. That’s because the lender has a better idea of the value of the condo unit you’re getting.
So try picking among the move-in ready condos if you’re thinking about becoming a condominium resident. It’s faster and easier, and that’s the kind of transition that a new resident can appreciate.