LED downlights have been around for some time. One of the reasons why the demand hasn’t increase drastically despite all the advantages is the price. On average, they are 40% more expensive than regular halogen and fluorescent lights used at home. Despite this fact, you should still consider using them. Here are some reasons why.
- Longevity. If you are searching for lights that are meant to last for a long time, you should choose LED downlights. On average, they can last for 25,000 hours to a maximum of 100,000 hours. Traditional light bulbs on the other hand are only going to last for up to 25,000 hours at best. Therefore, you might have to keep changing these light bulbs.
- Intensity. Although both options can produce intense light, the good thing about downlights is that there are several choices. You can decide how bright the lights are depending on where you intend to use them.
- Environmentally-friendly. LED downlights don’t emit carbon dioxide unlike traditional lights. We all know that carbon dioxide is what makes global warming worse. In the absence of carbon dioxide, you won’t feel guilty anymore about the use of the lights over an extended period of time. Some downlights are even used to secure homes and are on for several hours each day.
- No radiation. With the absence of mercury and other harmful elements causing radiation, it is totally safe to use LED downlights. You will also not feel worried that your kids are exposed to these lights when used at home.
- Heat resistant. One problem with traditional lights when used over an extended period of time is that they get too hot. They might even explode due to the heat. In some cases, they end up causing fire. This is such a huge risk you can’t afford to take. The good thing about LED downlights is that they can dissipate heat. They have the ability to prevent heat from escalating. Therefore, even if you forget to turn them off overnight, you won’t be at risk of fire.
These are just some of the benefits that you will get from using LED downlights. Therefore, you should take a closer look at them now and ignore the price. When you are getting all the benefits anyway, nothing should stop you from buying them. You can start now by looking at Aurora Lighting for more information.
A lot of people have given LED downlights a try. You should do the same thing and avail of these benefits. Besides, you won’t have to replace these lights often. They are also low maintenance. In the long run, you will save more money by not using traditional lights.
Image via freedigitalphotos.net (Sira Anamwong)