A good alternative to conventional incandescent bulb, soon disappeared.
Benefits of halogen bulb:
- Life of 2000-3000 hours, two to three times more than a conventional incandescent lamp;
- A “warm” light but whiter than the conventional incandescent bulb. This is the closest to the light fixture;
- Twice as high as conventional incandescent light efficiency;
- A stable brightness over the entire life cycle of the lamp;
- A smaller light to project a more targeted way;
- No toxic material from entering its composition.
- A surface temperature of the very high light (200 ° C to over 1000 ° C) which requires special measures for fire prevention;
- The internal temperature is significantly higher than the standard incandescent bulb (2 500-3 100 ° C) for generating the UV emission. However, the risk is eliminated if a protective screen of glass or plastic covers the bulb, which is usually the case;
- A greater than the ordinary bulb cost, due to the complexity of its manufacture;
- If it is associated with a frequently used dimmer, his life will be much shorter, unless you take some steps (see below).
- Disadvantages of halogen bulb: