It will soon disappear from stores, if not energy efficient. However, it has some advantages!
Advantages of conventional incandescent bulb:
- A warm light for relaxation;
- A continuous spectrum, so comfort for the visual system;
- Instant start;
- The ability to be used with a dimmer without damage;
- It is silent, without oscillation or growl;
- It contains no toxic or hazardous material;
- It is found in a wide range of sizes, shapes and powers;
- It heats! This is an advantage and a disadvantage winter summer.
Disadvantages of conventional incandescent bulb:
- Its short life last from 1000 to 1200 hours. This partly explains its imminent demise. Its price is low (about $ 2 for a bulb base), but we must buy regularly.
- Its fragility: it resents vibrations, surges, and high ignition / extinction regime.
- 90% of the power is dissipated as heat (see above): it is therefore objectively ineffective, which is another reason for its demise.